Along with having your portable chargers, life proof case and turning off the vibrate on your phone, there are some other really helpful tips and apps that you can prep your phone with before Irma gets here.
- Tips to Save Battery Life:
- Buy a portable charger/bank
- Fully charge your laptop and then plug in your phone
- Turn off Bluetooth and change to low power mode
- Lower brightness/screen timeout
- Turn off push notifications
- Switch to airplane mode if you’re not using it
- Check software updates
- Texting instead of calling
- Apps to Download:
- American Red Cross- Allows you to get instant info on handling common emergencies for you and your pets with First Aid.
- Gasbuddy– Find the cheapest gas station near you and informs you if gas is available.
- NOAA Radar US- Is the #1 paid app for hurricane tracking. It allows you to see animated weather radar images and hyper local storm patterns.
- Google Maps– Gov. Rick Scott said he’s working with Google’s emergency response team in hopes to help people evacuate quickly and safely.
For more info, click HERE.