As we learned yesterday, Gov. Rick Scott announced that tolls are suspended across Florida and will remain throughout the duration of the storm.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you’re preparing:
- Bring anything that can fly indoors
- Airline change fees HAVE been waved (American, Delta, Jet Blue, Spirit, Frontier, SouthWest and Air Canada)
- Dial 3-1-1 for non-emergency help and info
- Sandbag distribution (at no cost) until 7 p.m. – See HERE for all the locations in each county (Brevard, Seminole, Orange, Palm Coast, Marion, Winter Park, Apopka, Ocala, Osceola, Volusia and Daytona)
- Ten 10 Brewery will be filling your containers for FREE– From 11:30 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily at 1010 Virginia Dr.
- Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart and ACE Hardware are some of the places that are restocking on water too!
- Phone number for any suspected price gouging: #866-9-NO-SCAM.
Here are some tips on how to start your preparation:
- Start running your ice makers now and bagging the ice in freezer bags
- Freeze regular tap water for pets cleaning or drinking in containers
- Fill up gas and check your tires
- Take out cash
- Put important documents in Ziplocs or sealed containers or take pictures
- Share evacuation plans with family members, so everyone’s in the loop
- Secure your firearms
- Place rags or beach towels on windows, so water doesn’t seep through
- Get food ASAP
- Freeze a cup of water and place a quarter on top. If you’re forced to evacuate this will tell if your food has spoiled
Plus, if you’re visiting an Orlando theme park, HERE‘s the rescheduling policies for Universal, Disney and SeaWorld. They are all refunding but have exceptions for special events like Mickey’s Not So Scary.
There’s a few high school football games that have also been rescheduled… see HERE.
Rollins College has cancelled Friday classes and have asked students who are able to leave campus to do so! UCF has not made a decision to cancel classes yet but if they do, students will receive a text message.
LISTEN to Chad, Jill and Lil’ Boss talk about Hurricane Irma below…