By Danie B
Today is National Relaxation Day, but with school starting, I-4 traffic, work stress, and just life in general, it may be hard for you to relax.
If you’re finding it hard to clear you mind and simply, relax, here are 5 tips to help you kick your feet up and chill.
- Meditate – Find a quiet place, be still, ignore distractions, listen to soothing music or recite positive mantras to yourself. Meditation has actually been proven to alter the brain’s neutral pathways, meaning that it can help make you more resilient to stress.
- Breathe – Taking deep breaths can help to slow down your heart rate and alleviate stress.
- Be Present – Instead of rushing through life, take moments to notice how the sun feels on your face, how food taste and feels in your mouth, or how the flowers by your window smell. Paying more attention to your sense tends to help you become less tense.
- Listen to Music – Listening to soothing music can alter your mood, calm you down; and singing the songs you love at the top of your lungs can also help you to blow off steam.
- Exercise – When you get moving, you get the blood rushing, muscles pumping, and most importantly, you tire yourself out making it easier to relax.