In remembrance of the Pulse tragedy, Chad and Jill have a special show planned! They are not only honoring the victims but showcasing those who have had a positive impact on the rebuilding of our city for the past 365 days.
Today is ORLANDO UNITED DAY, a day of love and kindness and TONIGHT, it will be held at Lake Eola hosted by Channel 9 WFTV anchors, Jorge Estevez and Nancy Alvarez.
Orlando Weekly reports that Uber will be offering FREE rides to the event! Just make sure to use promo code: UNITEDDAY. Rides will be available starting at 5 p.m. all the way til 2 a.m.
The “Orlando Love: Remembering Our Angels” ceremony begins at 7 p.m. and the Public Community Gathering Moments of Hope and Healing ceremony at Pulse begins at 10 p.m.
Survivors and families of Pulse victims are being invited to watch the event from the seating area in front of the Lake Eola Amphitheater. There will be also be another screen in the Northeast corner of the park.
There will be performances from Olga Tanon (Puerto Rican Grammy Award-Winning singer), the Dancelt Dance Studio Ballroom Dancers (performing “Hallelujah”) and Sisaundra Lewis (Season 6 semi-finalist on “The Voice”).
For more info on events, transportation and road closures click HERE.
Chad and Jill interviewed this morning:
- Mayor Buddy Dyer
- Mayor Teresa Jacobs
- Barbara Poma- Owner of Pulse
- Angel Colon- Pulse Survivor
- Commissioner Patty Sheehan
- Chief John Mina- Chief of Police
- Jorge Estevez & Nancy Alvarez- Ch. 9 WFTV Anchors and hosts of “Orlando Love” tonight at Lake Eola.
- Imran Yousuf- Former Pulse Security Guard
- Dana Taylor – MIX 105.1 On-Air Personality
MAYOR BUDDY DYER
Listen to Mayor Buddy Dyer discuss:
- The positive impact he has seen in our community since last year
- What he’s most proud of to see
- One thing about Orlando that came out of this tragedy that he wants the world to know
MAYOR TERESA JACOBS
Listen to Teresa Jacobs discuss:
- The positive impact she has seen as Mayor over the past year
- One moment that she was MOST proud of
- How the city is moving forward and being an example for the world
- Being the champion for the Sea to Sea rainbow flag
Listen to Barbara Poma discuss:
- The type of person her brother was and why Pulse existed
- The love people have shown for the LGBTQ community
- The piece of advice her brother gave her that still helps today
- Details and importance of the One Pulse Foundation
Listen to Angel Colon discuss:
- The importance of donating blood and how it saved lives that night
- The love and support he has seen and received from across the world
- How he keeps smiling through it all and being a support for others
COMMISSIONER PATTY SHEEHAN
Listen to Patty Sheehan discuss:
- Being the driving force behind the LGBTQ community
- Being the FIRST openly gay official in Central Florida and how this past year has gone for her
- The positive impact she has seen in our city
- Encourages everyone to bring an LED candle for tonight’s event (Available at Dollar store)
CHIEF JOHN MINA
Listen to John Mina discuss:
- The positive impact as Chief of Police he has seen in our community
- How officers have stayed in touch with the survivors and still come back to pay their respects
- How the year has been for the OPD and himself
JORGE ESTEVEZ and NANCY ALVAREZ
Listen to Jorge and Nancy discuss:
- The most positive impact they’ve seen in our community in the past 365 days
- What to expect at tonight’s “Orlando Love” event at Lake Eola
- How Orlando has come together and how it’s affected them personally
Listen to Imran discuss:
- The positive impact he has seen in the rebuilding of our city
- The love and feedback he’s received
- How his military background came as second nature to save people
Listen to Dana Taylor discuss:
- How she experienced June 12 last year with Chad Pitt over the radio
- Takeaways on the positive impact she’s seen in our community
- The community response and goodness that came out of people
In honor of Orlando United Day, these are 49 Acts of Kindness and Love:
AMP’s On-Air Personality Jessica Bonilla wrote this touching letter to Chad and Jill and left it in the studio for them to read this morning:
The Mall at Millenia will host international street mural artist, Kelsey Montague to craft a customized version of #WhatLiftsYou in Grand Court. The artwork is a dedication to the Greater Orlando community and the Acts of Love and Kindess that unites us.
Orange County Mayor, Teresa Jacobs announces a Sea to Sea rainbow flag on Rosalind Ave. today at 10 a.m.
Here’s an example:
The LGBTQ Center of Central Florida: At 9 a.m. OPD John Mina and The Center staff will be serving breakfast to the community and light a special memorial display inside their new building at 946 N. Mills Ave.
This will be the first time the community sees their new LGBTQ Community Center that’s been under renovation for years.
Yesterday at the Long Island Pride celebration, 49 surfers with memorial arm bands paddled out into the ocean to form a memorial honoring the 49 victims.
Check out this video of 49 celebrities from Lady Gaga, Chris Pine, Kerry Washington, Sofia Vergara, Jane Fonda, Caitlyn Jenner, George Lopez and more honoring the 49 victims.