I know a lot of moms in my life and every year I love seeing all of the happy pictures on Mother’s Day. On occasion I will hear of mom’s wanting to be ” alone ” on mothers day or have a day to themselves.
Trust me, I get it. Being a mom is the hardest ( yet most amazing ) thing I’ve ever done in my life. However, for me…Mother’s Day is about celebrating being a mom and that is something I can’t do on my own.
I love to celebrate my own mother and I love to have my son around because HE is the reason that I am a mother in the first place. I get that we all need a break, but that day I like to have him by my side. My little man, my forever plus one, my munchkin. Whether you like to be alone or with your children, all moms like to receive a little something special on Mother’s Day.
Here are the top gifts that mom’s like to receive on Mothers Day:
- Flowers – I know that seems over done. 48% of moms said they LOVE receiving flowers. Personally, I love receiving flowers. I know I know ” They eventually die”, but so what you just go buy more.
- Living things like plants and flowers are said to help you live longer anyway, so I say BUY THE FLOWERS! Flowers from your children are always special. If you have a young child and your partner is buying the flowers, that is always nice too.
- Dinner out at a nice restaurant. 43% of moms said that’s a great gift. I love food and wine so anytime you want to take me out to a nice dinner, I’m all about it.
- If the kids are taking you out themselves you can go to a more casual place and have a nice dinner or they could make you dinner at home. That is always a nice gesture.
- A gift card. 41% of moms said they love gift cards. Some people hate this and think that it’s impersonal. Personally, I love this too! I love to shop and If I can shop with someone else’s money….all the better.
- Jewelry. 28% of moms like to receive Jewelry on Mothers Day. I’m shocked it’s not more. I find it hard to believe that more men/partners don’t get Mom’s jewelry for mothers day. You can usually NEVER go wrong with a little something sparkly in my book.
- If your children are older and they are the ones actually buying the gifts themselves, they can get you a special charm or something.
- Beauty Products. 27% of moms said this is a wonderful gift. The only kicker with this gift is make sure it’s something she will actually use. Moms love spa days, facials, manicures, massages etc.
However you decide to celebrate your special day, I hope it’s filled with love and laughter surrounded by those that helped give you the best title around…Mother.