April 5 is National Deep Dish Pizza Day!
In honor of this beautiful day, make sure to go treat yourself and get a thick cheesy deep dish pizza.
Need a reason to binge in? Obviously, it’s delicious… but if you’re avoiding it trying to be healthy, how about this: turns out, pizza makes you look younger. A recent study reveals that eating pizza can help you look younger because tomato paste prevents sunburn and protects against premature wrinkles.
Here’s some fun facts about America’s favorite food:
- The first Chicago-style deep dish pizza dates back to 1943
- Pizza is the #1 cheat food for dieters
- The average person consumes 23 pounds of pizza a year (also how much the morning show is going to have today)
- It’s estimated you’ll have over 6000 slices of pizza over your lifetime
- Pizzas are sold the most on Super Bowl Sunday, New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Halloween, and the night before Thanksgiving