If there is ever a place to destroy music from 2 of the most controversial artists of a generation, it would be at a minor league baseball game.
The Charleston Riverdogs are a junior team of the New York Yankees recreated their infamous “Disco Demolition Night” this past Saturday where they blew up a bunch of music from Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber.
Back in 1979 they did something similar where fans brought old disco records and destroyed them on the field in between games.
That event was a bit hectic when the explosion torched the field and fans went nuts.
This time, there was another double header and rather than blow up the music in between the 2 games, the team decided to do it AFTER the games were over.
The cds were placed in a giant boombox and blown to smithereens.
I guess you could say that the game was a “Banger.” (Miley Cyrus reference)
What’s Trending On AMP?
- The Most Popular Thanksgiving Preferences
- American Music Awards Recap
- Drake Gets One-Upped by His Dad Dennis Graham in New Whiskey Ad
- It’s A Weekend Of Winning With Electric Bounce House 3!
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win A $50 Gift Card To Lee Vista Promenade!
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honor at the AMAs
- Diana Ross Accepts Lifetime Achievement Honors at the AMAs
- P!nk Performs Gravity-Defying ‘Beautiful Trauma’ in Downtown L.A.
- Imagine Dragons & Khalid Mash Up ‘Thunder’ and ‘Young Dumb & Broke’
- Christina Aguilera Celebrates 25 Years of ‘The Bodyguard’ with Soundtrack Medley