— Miley Ray Cyrus (@MileyCyrus) May 31, 2013
Last week, Miley Cyrus released her brand new single, “We Can’t Stop.” She’s been getting a ton of backlash because of the song’s drug references, which say things like “Dancing With Molly” and “Trying To Get A Line In The Bathroom.”
It came out yesterday that the song was originally intended for pop-star Rihanna. This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the song because it’s very reminiscent of Rihanna’s “Pour It Up,” also produced by Mike Will Made It.
“When I originally worked on ‘We Can’t Stop,’ we had did it for Rihanna. The idea was more towards Rihanna,” he told MTV News.
Did Miley do it better?
What’s New On JAMZ
- Hear an Unreleased Vince Staples Track in New Animated ‘Spiderman’ Trailer
- Macklemore & Kesha Announce 2018 ‘Adventures’ Tour
- Golden Globe Nominations: Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, & More Net Nods
- Lady Gaga is ‘Santa’s Naughty Elf’ in Holiday Party Pics
- Rihanna, Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Others Rally Behind Bullied Boy
- Beyoncé Orders Biëryoncé Beer to Cease and Desist
- Taylor Swift Performs ‘Reputation’ Tracks During Six-Song Set
- Ed Sheeran Says GRAMMY Snub Was ‘Meant to Be’
- Liam Payne Shares Acoustic ‘Bedroom Floor’ Studio Performance
- Charli XCX Reveals ‘Out of My Head’ with Tove Lo from ‘Pop2’ Mixtape