The video is filmed in reverse and features Aníta Lísa Svansdóttir, an Icelandic actress and soccer player, hurriedly walking through a small town as she falls apart…literally. Anita bleeds from the ears as she searches of a pair of headphones to keep her alive. As headphone-wearing townfolk realize she’s without music, they run in fear of having theirs stolen.
Director Sean Stiegemeier said in an interview with MTV News, “Because the camera was attached to the actress as she had to run backwards the entire time, also uphill, on ice, while bleeding out of her ears. Fortunately, she is a professional soccer player and did an amazing job.
Kaskade said of the musical collaboration, “Skrillex and I have different styles, but that is part of what made it fun. I like doing the unexpected, and this track and video is something truly distinctive.” Spinning tunes from within a giant mannequin head high above a crowd of more than 10,000, Kaskade headlined Coachella’s Sahara tent Saturday night. His return appearance this weekend will likely net him another few thousand new fans, especially since his opening act is none other than David Guetta.
“Lick It” is available now on iTunes from Ultra Records.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Chris Brown Drops ’12 Days Of Christmas’ Expansion
- Pharrell Williams Predicted Donald Trump’s Presidential Victory
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to Share New ‘Hamilton’ Music Throughout 2018
- Ariana Grande Confirms She’s Working on a New Album
- Sam Smith Performs ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’
- Camila Cabello Teams with Grey for New Song ‘Crown’
- Rihanna Shares First ‘Ocean’s 8’ Movie Poster
- Khalid Handles Heartbreak in ‘Saved’ Video
- Cardi B Buys Offset Rolls Royce and Wraith Watch for 26th Birthday
- Post Malone Releases Latin Remix of ‘Rockstar’