Diplo, best known as the producer behind Usher’s “Climax,” Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)”, and Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now,” releases the video for “Express Yourself” from a forthcoming EP on his Mad Decent imprint label. The video was shot on location in New Orleans and there is a whole lot of booty shakin’ going on.
The song features Nicky Da B, a bounce rapper. Bounce is a call-and-response New Orleans based style of hip hop also known as sissy rap. You’re unlikely to hear it, or see it, outside of New Orleans although you’ve heard it incorporated into the chanting verses that Juvenile and Three 6 Mafia often employ.
Aside from his production duties, Diplo is also launching a book this spring. 128 Beats Per Minute: Dilpo’s Visual Guide to Music, Culture, and Everything in Between will be released on March 27. It follows Diplo on his musical and cultural journeys, “from his involvement with dub reggae in Jamaica to the electro/techno underground in Tel Aviv” as documented by photographer Shane McCauley.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- The-Dream Shares New Song ‘It’s Yo Birthday’
- 10-Year-Old JD McCrary Delights L.A. Clippers Crowd with Jackson 5 Cover
- Jeezy Announces 2018 ‘Cold Summer’ Tour Dates
- Hear an Unreleased Vince Staples Track in New Animated ‘Spiderman’ Trailer
- Macklemore & Kesha Announce 2018 ‘Adventures’ Tour
- Golden Globe Nominations: Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, & More Net Nods
- Lady Gaga is ‘Santa’s Naughty Elf’ in Holiday Party Pics
- Rihanna, Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Others Rally Behind Bullied Boy
- Beyoncé Orders Biëryoncé Beer to Cease and Desist
- Taylor Swift Performs ‘Reputation’ Tracks During Six-Song Set