Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Vans Warped Tour Roots with Throwback Pic
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui & Steve Aoki Unite for ‘All Night’
- Selena Gomez Reveals Wet and Wild ‘Wolves’ Video
- Bebe Rexha Performance With Florida Georgia Line is ‘Meant to Be’
- Flo Rida Debuts New Song ‘Hola’ Featuring Maluma
- Hayley Williams Wanders Though NYC in Paramore’s ‘Fake Happy’ Video
- 50 Cent Drops ‘Still Think I’m Nothing’ Featuring Jeremih
- Luis Fonsi & Demi Lovato Drop ‘Echame La Culpa’ Video
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Back Together?
- Macklemore Brings Out Rap Protege for ‘Fallon’ Performance