I’m not exactly sure we need another “singing competition” show, with The Voice, American Idol, and X Factor already out there, but it seems that the CW wants to get in on the action and have recruited both Queen Latifah and [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Gloria Estefan[/lastfm] to help launch The Star Next Door.
According to Rolling Stone, country singer [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]John Rich[/lastfm] will join Queen Latifah and Gloria Estefan as mentors for the show which the CW has ordered 10 episodes for the summer season. Queen Latifah is also one of the show’s producers, along with Dave Broome who is the creator of NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The difference with this show will be that the talent hunt will take place all over the country and then the mentors will head to the contestants’ home towns to do their mentoring. Other mentors have yet to be named for the show.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Daisy Ridley Plays ‘Star Wars’ Theme on Kazoo: Watch
- 5 Best Songs on Eminem’s ‘Revival’
- Nicki Minaj Goes Hard on A$AP Ferg’s ‘Plain Jane’ Remix: Listen
- Eminem Sells Mom’s Spaghetti at Detroit Pop Up
- DJ Earworm Unveils 2017 ‘United State of Pop’ Mix
- Michael Jackson’s ‘Blood on the Dancefloor’ Video Gets ‘Cirque du Soleil’ Update
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Teams with The Decemberists for ‘Ben Franklin’s Song’
- Fall Out Boy Share ‘Champion’ Remix Featuring BTS’ RM
- Eminem Details ‘Revival’ of Air Jordan 4 Encore Sneaker
- 2 Chainz Slams Walmart for Stealing His Christmas Sweaters