“There are not any plans right now,” he told Fader magazine. “We’re not on the roster or on a schedule with a label to put out an OutKast album. I can’t say if or when we will, but I’m going to be in OutKast forever in some kind of way. I can’t really say OutKast is over so it always trips me out when these things get on the internet…”
While the OutKast reunion plans remain up in the air, 3000 did speak on his solo project.
“I’m actually putting myself on deadlines more than ever,” he said. “I don’t have someone policing that…I’m looking at it like, Okay, I don’t want to be like 40 years old and to haven’t done this album.”
OutKast, which is primarily comprised of Big Boi and Andre 3000, has produced six studio albums as a group. The last Outkast album was Idlewild (2006), which also served as a soundtrack for the movie in which OutKast starred. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Chris Brown Drops ’12 Days Of Christmas’ Expansion
- Pharrell Williams Predicted Donald Trump’s Presidential Victory
- Lin-Manuel Miranda to Share New ‘Hamilton’ Music Throughout 2018
- Ariana Grande Confirms She’s Working on a New Album
- Sam Smith Performs ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’
- Camila Cabello Teams with Grey for New Song ‘Crown’
- Rihanna Shares First ‘Ocean’s 8’ Movie Poster
- Khalid Handles Heartbreak in ‘Saved’ Video
- Cardi B Buys Offset Rolls Royce and Wraith Watch for 26th Birthday
- Post Malone Releases Latin Remix of ‘Rockstar’