It was a powerful comeback performance on the GRAMMYs Sunday night as Adele made her first public performance after months of silence due to vocal issues. But now, it appears that Adele has told VOGUE magazine in a recent interview that she just may be taking 5 YEARS OFF!
The break is apparently to focus on her relationship with new boyfriend Simon Konecki.
“I am f—ing off for four or five years,” Adele told the magazine. “If I am constantly working, my relationships fail. So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy.”
This seems to be a big change in the mood of Adele’s first two records. ’19 & ’21’, which both landed the Brit GRAMMYs, were both spurred on by recent break-ups.
So in 5 years what will Adele do?
“I don’t know what I’ll do,” she added. “Get married. Have some kids. Plant a nice vegetable patch.”
Apparently we’ll just have to hold on to past hits like ‘Someone Like You’ and ‘Chasing Pavements’ until this hiatus is over.
More from JAMZ:
- ‘Star Wars’ Characters Sing Hanson’s ‘MMMBop’: Watch
- Beyoncé & JAY-Z Chill On a Private Plane in Latest Instagram Update
- Zendaya Plays an Epic Game of Charades on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Big Sean, Metro Boomin Perform Two-Song Medley on ‘Fallon’
- Harry Styles Kisses James Corden in Epic Holiday ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Frank Ocean Now Has His Own ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Radio Station
- Is Ed Sheeran Making a Bruce Springsteen-Influenced Americana Album?
- The-Dream Shares New Song ‘It’s Yo Birthday’
- 10-Year-Old JD McCrary Delights L.A. Clippers Crowd with Jackson 5 Cover
- Jeezy Announces 2018 ‘Cold Summer’ Tour Dates